Cairneagle Associates are delighted to announce the appointment of Julie Mercer as Partner. She will lead the development of Cairneagle’ higher education and operational consulting practices.read more
Damien Hinds, the Secretary of State for Education in England and Wales, has challenged the global technology sector to revolutionise teaching and learning in the country’s schools, colleges and universities. In particular, he called on educational companies to provide tools and software to support and ease the burden of teachers and schools in a number of critical and often troublesome areas, including:
- Teaching practice to support access, inclusion, and improved learning outcomes for all;
- Assessment processes, making assessment more effective and efficient;
- Administration processes to reduce the burden of ‘non-teaching’ tasks.
This half-day seminar organised by The Assignment Report and sponsored by Cairneagle Associates, addresses each of these points in turn, through our high-level panel discussions and debates.
13:00 – 13:45 Registration and refreshments
13:45 – 14:00 Chair’s introduction and welcome: Ed Tranham – Editor, The Assignment Report
14:00 – 15:00 Panel session one
- Data driven teaching and intervention
- What is personalised learning and why its definition ranges widely from one school to another?
- What kinds of data can help teachers make decisions to improve learning outcomes?
- What kinds of data can help teachers the most?
- Is adaptive content always beneficial or is it sometimes more important to let teachers and students decide what comes next?
Georgie Hart – Education Director, Sparx
Paul Charman – Managing Director, FFT Education
Ian Taylor – National Head of Curriculum, AET
Chair: Andrea Carr – Founder, Rising Stars
15:00 – 16:00 Panel session two
- Efficacy – Applying outcomes-focused, evidence-based design to products and services
- What are the outcomes that matter most to teachers and schools?
- How do you effectively design and develop existing and new products and services to help achieve those outcomes?
- How do you demonstrate that your technology is doing what you claim it will do for schools and colleges?
- How can you capture experiences and best practices on integrating learning technologies into teaching and learning?
Ian Rowe – Business Development Director, GCSEPod
Richard Marett – CEO, Whizz Education
Kate Edwards – Senior Vice President, Efficacy & Research, Global Product, Pearson
Chair: Amanda Peck – Executive Director Marketing, Professional Group, McGraw-Hill Education
16:00 – 16:30 Refreshments
16:30 – 17:30 Panel session three
- Reducing workload: Supporting workflow improvements in the classroom and back-office
- Are fully integrated solutions the answer to reducing teachers’ and support staff workloads?
- How do you avoid your solution having a negative impact on time, and consequently on teachers’ and support staff workloads?
- How do you ensure that your solution solves an operational or workflow problem?
- What are the interoperability and data protection implications in developing workload reducing solutions?
James Browning – Head of Digital Platforms, RM Education
Josh Perry – Director, Assembly
Jon Smith – CEO, Pobble
Chair: Rupert Barclay – Managing Partner, Cairneagle Associates
17:30 – 19:00 Wine and canape networking reception supported by Cairneagle
Arun discussed the overcoming challenges and opportunities for growth in the nursery space at today’s NMT Nursery Estate, Acquisition & Expansion Forum.read more
Cairneagle Associates, the strategy consultancy, has appointed former Founder and CEO of The Key, Fergal Roche, as senior advisor.read more
Meet the team
Our team has outstanding analytical skills, intellectual curiosity, a genuine desire to achieve the best for our clients and the ability to get things done.
View our collection of case studies to see real life examples of how we have helped our clients to succeed in improving and growing their business.
Work with us
We are always keen to hear from dynamic and talented people who want to work in strategy and management consulting.
Get in touch
You can call us on: +44 20 7036 9400
or use the contact form below: